Dumpster Rental Agreement
This Dumpster Rental Agreement (“Agreement”) is made by and between Black Box Removal Service doing business as Black Box Removal Service and Customer. Customer agrees to these terms when making a reservation for a box.
- Equipment Rental
- Customer certifies that he or she is either the property owner, has
power of attorney for the property owner or is the licensed contractor/broker for the property.
Customer may not sublet the dumpster for any reason.
- Price. Customer agrees to rent a dumpster from Company according to the prices and fees listed on the website for the type of rental being requested. The rental period begins the day the dumpster is dropped off, unless otherwise granted by Company and will be picked up weekly, unless notified that an earlier dump is needed.
Rate prices include one drop off and one pickup. Any additional pickups needed during the scheduled rental period will be billed at a rate of $150 per dump, plus dump fees. A rental period that needs to be extended beyond the original rental period will result in a renewal of the rate previously reserved. For example: a two-day rental that is extended to three days will not result in 3 day pricing but instead initiate another 2 day rental, at the 2 day rate.
Mileage: Any mileage that exceeds 15 miles outside Salem, OR will result in a mileage fee of $1.75 per mile. Mileage will not be charged in the event a bin needs to be dumped and returned during the rental period but, the additional dump rate of $150 will apply.
Cancellations: Should Customer want to cancel a reservation with a full refund, 48 hours’ notice must be given. A cancellation made with less than 48 hours’ notice will only be eligible for a 50% refund of the box rental. The minimum dump fee of $100, paid at time of reservation, is always fully refundable.
- Weight Limit.
Customer agrees to restrict weight to the maximum allowed for the bin size in use. Overages on weight could result in fees for unloading of additional weight and/or overage charges.
- Placement of Dumpster. Customer warrants and represents that any location provided by Customer for the dumpster is sufficient to bear the weight and size of the dumpster and any vehicle required to transport the dumpster. Company shall not be responsible for any damage to pavement or any other road surface material, lawns, fences, shrubbery, septic system, private well, or any other form of property damage. Customer must ensure that there is a minimum of 4 feet clearance around the dumpster at time of pick up and that the front of the dumpster is not obstructed in any way. Failure to do so will result in additional fees.
- Company Accessibility. Customer agrees to provide unobstructed access to the dumpster on the day it is to be picked up. If the dumpster is inaccessible, Customer shall be charged for additional rental time.
- Content Regulations
- Customer is fully responsible for the entire contents of the container and isthe rightful owner of the container’s contents until the container is dumped and the contents accepted by the prospective disposal facility.
- Hazardous and Unacceptable Material Prohibited. Customer warrants and represents that the dumpster will not contain any hazardous materials and acknowledges that the disposal of such hazardous materials is strictly prohibited. “Unacceptable material” shall mean any non-hazardous waste which is not permitted to be processed at a facility under applicable laws or permits.
If Customer has any questions about whether a particular material is considered hazardous or unacceptable material, please call the Company before disposing of the material in the dumpster.
- Required for Pickup- Debris may NOT extend above the top rim of the dumpster. The tarp MUST be able to roll completely over the top WITHOUT OBSTRUCTION. The end doors MUST be CLOSED and securely latched. Failure to properly secure doors could result in property damage. Company is not responsible for property damage that is the result of improperly secured doors. Overfilled or unprepared containers will be brought into compliance at Customer’s expense. Every attempt shall be taken to disperse the weight within the container equally by the Customer. Failure to do so will result in a fee to the Customer.
- Consequences of Violating Regulations-In the event that contents that are not allowed by this contract or any Federal, State, Parish, or City agency are disposed of, all costs, fines, penalties, or other actions taken for said disposal, the customer is fully responsible for any and all associated charges.
Costs may include but not be limited to cleanup, monitoring, legal fees, penalties, or any other charges associated with unauthorized material disposal. Materials may be returned to the customer at the customer’s expense.
- Permits, Approval, and Fees: Customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and approvals and paying all fees that may be incurred in conjunction therewith.
Customer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Company from, against and in respect to any and all claims, losses, expenses, damages, obligations and liabilities (including costs of collection and reasonable attorney’s fees) of any kind or nature whatsoever, including any misrepresentation, breach of warranty, or non-fulfillment of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement of or by Customer in this Agreement. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes all prior agreements and understanding, oral or written, between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. No representation, inducement, promise, understanding, condition or warranty not set forth herein has been made or relied upon by either Party hereto.
Amendment. This Agreement may be modified only by an agreement in writing signed by the Parties hereto.
A waiver of any claim, demand or right based on the breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any other claim, demand or right based on a subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Any notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement shall be sufficient only if in writing and if sent by United States mail, certified, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, to the Parties at the addresses set forth in the first paragraph of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties have hereto executed this Agreement as of the date of reservation.